After earning a BFA in Illustration from Art Center College of Design, Edwin Ushiro worked as a storyboard artist, concept designer and visual consultant, and recently exhibited in venues worldwide, including Villa Bottini in Italy, Grand Palais in France, the Museum of Kyoto, HoMA, and the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles.
Do you love public art? Do you love Wailuku? Do you have availability between August 16-22? It sounds like you're the perfect candidate to ADOPT Edwin! Here are just a few volunteer or paid opportunities that Small Town * Big Art (ST*BA) have collected for his project:
• Pick up and return scaffolding from Kahului
• Keep an eye on materials during brief breaks
• Assist with projection/ scaling blueprint to wall (night work)
• Complete areas of color blocking/ painting directly on wall
• Help with anti-graffiti coating
Please let email email@example.com, if you can help.